I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth (Psalm 34:1, AMP)
I have found myself having “I’ll be happy when…” conversations. Maybe you too have had these types of discussions with yourself:
- I’ll be happy when I see the plans I desire materialize.
- I’ll be happy when I have the things I desire and only then will life be more carefree.
- I’ll be happy when people behave the way I expect them to behave (i.e. spouse, children, family members, coworkers, etc.)
Relying on happiness to be dependent on people, plans, or pursuits will always make achieving these goals elusive. Only when we recognize that the true source of joy is God will we experience true satisfaction. Instead of making our happiness dependent on things, why not appreciate the blessings that are a part of your daily life.
- Why not be appreciative that God has a plan for your life today?
- Why not realize that you can learn to love others regardless of their past performance today?
- Why not simply appreciate the gifts God has given you today?
As you focus on the gifts you are afforded daily, you will produce an environment of thanksgiving that will affect your attitude, actions, and behaviors. When we choose to focus on thanksgiving, we find there is a reason for daily celebration. In what ways can you begin to appreciate the blessings of today?